Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rosettes

This quilt was difficult for me. My daughter asked for a Double Wedding Ring quilt and I tried to avoid templates and curves, by piecing this one. I made one block at a time, interspersed with more forgiving projects, all year long... and never gave up! (Special thanks to Stephanie for encouragement!)

This is a good example of a quilt that was not too enjoyable to make, for me, but is lovely to snuggle under.
I still owe my daughter her Double Wedding Ring quilt... when this one was finished I couldn't give it away!

It's a Fig Tree Quilt Pattern, made with a Patisserie layer cake.

Oh, BTW and if you decide to make a layer cake quilt, make it immediately, (while the fabric is still in stock somewhere) or don't make ANY mistakes!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Paula! Your quilt turned out wonderfully, didn't it. Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exquisite! I love the pattern, and anything Fig Tree makes my heart sing. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Stephanie, you were right!
    Thank you, Siobhan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you rosettes quilt ! I have that pattern and now you have me worried about making it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, don't worry, be happy! LOL, let me know how it goes, it may not be a problem for you at all!
    I was such a new quilter! (An old sewer, but new to 1/4 inch seams!

    ReplyDelete