Monday, February 21, 2011

"For My Grandmas"



This is a quilt I made early in my quilting journey. The pattern is "For My Grandmas" by Brenda Riddle of The Acorn Quilt Company. My local quilt shop had a model of this quilt and sold a kit, and I was so taken with the stars that I plunged right in! Sadly, the model was stolen from the shop, along about a dozen other quilts, not too long after I finished mine.

I'm posting both the flimsy and the completed quilt, because there's a funny ( or not so funny) story about this one. I made a terrible mistake.... I washed the flimsy! I spent HOURS picking out fuzz, strings, and repairing seams... finally got it quilted and now I'm afraid to wash it, because the quilting fabrics have been washed and dried but the batting hasn't! When I get up the courage, ie., when I have to do it, I'll post the results. Needless to say, I have LEARNED not to wash the flimsy!


1 comment:

  1. I like this quilt, very cheerful. I always wash my fabric (not when it's a flimsy, how funny is that, well I hope it's funny now) but never my batting, I think you're good.

    ReplyDelete